Guanajuato, Gto. Filming of films, series and soap operas, such as El Santo contra las Momias de Guanajuato, Desire, El Fear does not walk on a donkey, among others, are part of the cinematographic collection that has been made in Guanajuato.
Many have been the films that have Guanajuato scenes, here we leave you a top 10 for you to visit Guanajuato without leaving home.
- The Saint against the Mummies of Guanajuato (1970): one of the oldest, directed by Federico Curiel. It brings together important figures of Mexican wrestling and important Guanajuato elements, such as mummies. It is currently considered a cult film for the elements it brings together.
Capulina against the mummies (1973): a comedy by the actor Gaspar Henaine “Capulina”, directed by Alfredo Zacarías. It tells the story of a taxi driver who takes a scientist to Guanajuato to discover the secret of life in mummies.
- Fear does not ride a donkey (1976): a horror comedy starring India Maria. It was shot in the streets of Guanajuato and tells the story of an old woman who is poisoned by her relatives, but who leaves her inheritance to her cat and maid.
- Once upon a time in Mexico (2003): a classic American action film, directed by Robert Rodríguez and starring Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek. It was recorded in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato capital and Jaral de Berrios.
- The Student (2009): a drama directed by Roberto Girault and starring Jorge Lavat, tells the story of a man who at age 70 decides to enroll in university to change the lives of many. It was recorded at the University of Guanajuato, Jardín Reforma, Plaza de San Fernando and others.
- Hidalgo: the story never told (2010): a fiction that tells the story of the Father of the Nation, Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla. Starring the Mexican Demián Bichir. The production had locations in the Ex Hacienda Jaral de Berrios, in San Felipe.
- Hidden Moon (2012): a romantic film that tells the story of a woman who breaks into the funeral of a powerful man without knowing him, with intrigue the man’s son decides to follow the woman to Mexico. This film starring Ana Serradilla portrayed the most traditional places in the Guanajuato capital such as the alley of the kiss.
Desire (2013): Drama starring various Mexican actresses. It tells eight different stories of encounters between lovers, all of which occur in the Heritage city of San Miguel de Allende.
- Eisenstein in Guanajuato (2015): As its name indicates, this film tells the story of the Soviet director Sergei Eisenstein, who after the success of one of his films, travels to Guanajuato to shoot a new film, allowing himself to be seduced by the charm and freshness of the Mexican state.
- The girl from the mine (2016): an excellent horror film that was shot in a mine in the city of Guanajuato. It tells an old legend that the inhabitants tell about the mine, a tourist girl who disappears inside it, which is why an engineer must make a safety diagnosis in the mine, when arriving at the place he will discover a dark legend that is the culprit of the ruthless crimes produced within its tunnels.
Many Thanks To The following Website For This Valuable Content.
Do you know the 10 films or novels that have been filmed in Guanajuato